The study, conducted by Forrester Consulting, Inc. (NASDAQ: FORR), demonstrates that through the use of JUNOS Software and Juniper switches and routers, companies achieved an overall reduction in operational costs for specific network operations tasks, including planning and provision, deployment, planned and unplanned network events.
Among other top-line results, the study reports a 41% reduction in overall network operations costs based on dollar savings across specific task categories: planned events, reduction in frequency and duration of unplanned network events, the sum of planned and unplanned events, the time needed to resolve unplanned network events and the “adding infrastructure” task. The study also reveals:
* 54% reduction in maintenance and support costs (a “planned events” category)
* 27% reduction in network downtime (based on reduction in frequency and duration of unplanned network events)
* 41% increase in network stability/reliability (the sum of planned and unplanned events)
* 40% decrease in time to resolution (the time needed to resolve unplanned network events)
* 25% reduction in cost to deploy (the “adding infrastructure” task)
Junos demonstrates the power of one operating system to reduce complexity. Read the complete report at http://www.juniper.net/us/en/company/press-center/press-releases/2009/pr_2009_02_24-08_02.html and stay tuned for more news about how you can leverage Junos to program the new network.